Baked Chicken Thighs with Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potato, a quick and easy one-pot chicken dinner for a chilly, fall night.
- olive oil spray
- 16 ounces Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (8 oz each) , peeled and diced 3/4-inch
- 4 large chicken thighs, on the bone, with skin (7 ounces each)
- 1 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray an oval baking dish with oil.
- Place the sweet potatoes on one side and the Brussels sprouts on the other. Spritz the vegetables with olive oil and season with 3/4 teaspoon salt, black pepper to taste.
- Season both sides of the chicken with 1 teaspoon salt, garlic powder and rosemary. Place chicken thighs on top of the vegetables, skin side down.
- Bake 30 minutes, set the chicken aside and stir the vegetables.
- Place the chicken back in the dish skin side up and cook until the chicken skin is browned and the vegetables are roasted and tender, about 30 to 35 minutes more. Optional, broil 2 to 3 minutes for crisper skin.
Serving: 1thigh plus 1-1/4 cups vegetables Calories: 409kcal, Carbohydrates: 38g, Protein: 45g, Fat: 8.5g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 165mg, Sodium: 705mg, Fiber: 8g, Sugar: 7gFreestyle Points:10Points: +8