- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh
- 1 cup about 30 reduced-fat Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1 whole egg plus 2 egg whites, beaten
- 4 scallions, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup minced red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp fat free yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 16 oz premium lump crab meat, picked free of shells
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- In a large bowl, combine corn, crushed crackers, eggs, scallions, pepper, mayo, yogurt, parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Mix well, then fold in crab meat, careful not to over mix so the crab remains in large chunks.
- Gently shape into 8 patties using a 1/2 cup measuring cup.
- Chill in the refrigerator at least 1 hour before baking.
- Preheat oven to 425F. Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Bake about 24 to 28 minutes turning halfway, or until golden brown.
AIR FRYER METHOD
- Air fry, in batches 370F until the edges are golden, about 10 to 12 minutes turning halfway.
The trick to making sure the crab cakes hold together is to refrigerate them before baking, so don’t skip that step.
Nutrition information :
Serving: 1crab cake, Calories: 97kcal, Carbohydrates: 7.5g, Protein: 11g, Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 0.5g, Cholesterol: 73mg, Sodium: 385mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1.5gFreestyle Points: 3Points +: 4