Thick and chewy Brown Butter M&M Blondies. Everyone loves these!
- 1 stick butter (4 ounces), melted until browned
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 cup flour (be sure not to pack your flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup M&M’s
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Line an 8×8 baking pan (or loaf pan) with parchment paper and spray parchment lightly with non-stick spray, set aside.
- In a medium-sized skillet over medium heat, melt butter until browned (see post for more on this if needed). Remove from heat and cool for a few minutes, then whisk in the brown sugar; beat until well combined. Add in the egg, beating until combined. Gently stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt, being sure not to over mix. Fold in the M&M’s.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges are firm and golden and the center is just slightly wobbly. Cool in pan for at least 20 minutes before cutting