- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 slices whole grain artisan bread
- 6 Romaine heart lettuce leafs
- 1 medium tomato, sliced for 6 servings
- In a large mixing bowl combine the first six ingredients and shape into 6 patties. Patties can be cooked on an outdoor grill, griddle, skillet or oven broiler. Cook patties over medium heat for about about 12 minutes or until there is no longer any pink color.
- While the burger are cooking, brush olive oil over one side of bread slices and either broil in the oven, place on a griddle or skillet and cook until golden and crispy. Add favorite condiments to burger and serve immediately.
- Try our Goat Cheese Yogurt Spread, featured in the Turkey Veggie Burger photo.
Yields: 6 Burgers | Serving Size: 1 Burger | Calories: 228 | Total Fat: 10 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 56 | Carbohydrates: 15 g | Sodium: 185 mg | Dietary Fiber: 3 g | Sugars: 4 g | Protein: 19 g | SmartPoints(Freestyle): 6 |