•1 pound raw shrimp, cleaned and deveined
•2 tablespoonroom temperature pure butter, divided
•1/2 cup chopped onions
•1 garlic clove, minced
•1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
•1/2 teaspoon sea salt
•1/2 teaspoon black pepper
•1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon curry powder
•1 tablespoon flour
•1 can unsweetened coconut milk
•1 teaspoon coconut palm sugar
•1 tablespoon lime juice
•1/2 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon butter and shrimp. Cook shrimp on both sides until pink, about 2 minutes per side. Place shrimp on a plate and cover with a paper towel.
- In the same skillet, add onion and cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 additional minute. Add ginger, salt, black pepper, and curry powder, stir to combine.
- Combine 1 tablespoon room temperature butter with flour.
- Add the coconut milk and palm sugar, stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a low-boil, add butter combined with flour and cook until it starts to thicken up, about 5 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook just until heated through, about 15 seconds.
- Remove from the heat. Add the lime juice and cilantro, stir to combine.
- If desired, serve over a bed of brown rice.
Yields: 4 servings | Calories: 259 | Total Fat: 15 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Sodium: 805 mg | Cholesterol: 143 mg | Carbohydrates:13 g | Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 9 g | Protein: 16 g