- 2-1/2 cups Chocolate Chips, [I used dark chocolate chips because of their health benefits. Ghirardelli is a good brand and works well with this recipe)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, (canned, not in a carton)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar, optional honey or maple syrup
- Dash of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Fudge is perfect for the slow cooker because it doesn’t scorch or burn.
- Add chocolate chips, coconut milk, coconut sugar, salt, and coconut oil, stir to combine. Next, cover and cook on low 2 hours without stirring. It’s important that lid remain on during the 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, turn the slow cooker off, uncover, and add vanilla. IMPORTANT; Do not stir fudge mixture at this point. Allow to cool to room temperature, or it reaches 110 degrees with a candy thermometer.
- Once cooled, use a large spoon, stir vigorously for 5-10 minutes until it loses some the gloss.
- Lightly oil an 8″x8″ square pan. Pour fudge into pan, cover and refrigerate 4 hours or until firm. This fudge is very rich and meant to be eaten on occasion as a treat.
- Note: Canned coconut milk can be found in the Asian or organic sections of most grocery stores.