Strawberry Oatmeal Muffins are a delicious treat for breakfast or brunch! They are filled with healthy ingredients and absolutely freezer friendly. Make a double batch to ease your busy mornings, or tuck them into lunch boxes as an extra treat!
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats uncooked
- 1/2 c. brown sugar packed
- 1 cup Greek yogurt OR light sour cream
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour plus some extra for the strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- Combine wet ingredients: Add oats, brown sugar, Greek yogurt, oil and egg to a medium bowl and mix very well. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Mix dry ingredients: In the meantime, mix flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl until evenly combined.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- Toss strawberries in flour: Mix the strawberries with 1-2 tablespoons of flour in a small bowl.
- Combine the batter: Add the wet ingredients to the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Batter will be lumpy. Do not use a whisk! Use a wooden spoon or a rubber spatula. Fold in the strawberries with 2-3 stirs.
- Bake the muffins: Evenly divide the muffin batter between the prepared muffin cups . Bake on the middle rack for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool the muffins: Cool the muffins in the pan for 5-10 minutes, then remove and cool completely on a cooling rack.
To freeze, put into a freezer bag and label with the name and date. Freeze for up to 3 months.To defrost, place the closed bag into a colander and thaw overnight.
NUTRITION (THIS IS AN ESTIMATE)
Calories: 174kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 157mg | Potassium: 128mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 20IU | Vitamin C: 7.1mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 1mgStrawberry Oatmeal Muffins are a delicious treat for breakfast or brunch!