- 1 cup oat flour (see below for instructions on making your own)
- 1 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup diced walnuts (optional)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk dry ingredients together. in another mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients, except blueberries. Pour wet mixture into dry, and stir until combined and most lumps disappear; fold in blueberries.
- Heat griddle to 350°, or until a drop of water sizzles when dropped on griddle. Spray griddle with nonstick cooking spray, and pour on 1/4 cup pancake mix. Turn pancakes over when they begin to dry around the edges and are golden on the bottom. if desired, top pancakes with additional blueberries and banan- as, and drizzle with 100% pure maple syrup.
- Tip: To make oat flour, add old- fashioned oats to a blender (1 cup oats makes 1 cup flour), and blend until a flour-like consistency is achieved.