- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 ½ pounds uncooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, (diced into ½” cubes)
- 1 ounce packet of taco seasoning
- ½ cup corn kernels
- ½ cup drained and rinsed canned black beans
- ¼ cup diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup sliced radishes
- ½ medium ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- To taste: hopped cilantro or scallions
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add diced chicken and saute until lightly brown and cooked through for about 5-7 minutes. Stir in taco seasoning and mix well. Remove from pan and place in a bowl using a slotted spoon to remove excess oil. Chill in refrigerator until the meat is completely cooled.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chilled chicken, corn, black beans, tomatoes and radishes. Mix well.
- Scoop out all the avocado meat using a spoon and drop it into a mixing bowl. Mash the avocado using a fork and stir in sour cream.
- Combine the avocado and chicken mixture and mix well until chicken is completely coated with avocado. Finish by adding cilantro and scallions. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- Makes 6 servings
238 calories | 10 g carbs | 2 g sugars | 8 g fat | 1 g saturated fat | 28 g protein | 3 g fiber | Smart Points and PP+: 5 per (3/4 cup) serving